- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Diploma or certificate verifying graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent military healthcare experience.
- National certification for Medical Assistants.
- Current Health Care Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification through American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Will be required to maintain a current CPR certification during employment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Assistant and the completion of 1 consecutive year with CommUnityCare with a job evaluation score of 4.0 or greater.
- Demonstrated knowledge of activities associated with the delivery of quality medical assistant duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation of clinical medical equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specimen collection and processing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR systems, etc.).
- Constant sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent bending and reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing.
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.
TEAM LEAD ROLE ADDENDUM
In addition to the position responsibilities and duties, this position is responsible for serving as a lead for the department. The lead role is an assignment and not a regular position.
RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Lead and direct the work activites within the specific or assigned department or work group.
- Act as a focal point for the work of the department.
- May be responsible for assigning work activities.
- May be responsible for monitoring the work of employees within the department.
- May be responsible for work schedules within the department.
- May be responsible for department reporting as needed.
- May be the escalation point for issues and/or complaints.
- May be responsible for leading departmental huddles.
- May be responsible for coaching and mentoring fellow team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all tasks of the work group are completed timely, accurately and within the guidelines of the department.
- Promote teamwork and represent the core values of CommUnityCare.
RELATED POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a subject matter expert with a broad level of knowledge of the department.
- Must have the ability to responsibly lead the work of others while completing the responsibilities of own position.