In collaboration with patients and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for providing administrative oversight for the general operations of CommUnityCare’s health center system. The COO is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic objectives and operational improvements related to clinic operations.
The Chief Operating Officer reports to the CEO and serves as a member of CommUnityCare’s Health Senior Leadership Team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. Develops and implements clinical support systems that ensure optimal patient flow and patient experience, efficient use of resources, continuity of care, and clinical integration. Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
a. Establishes patient scheduling and other practice management systems/processes.
b. Oversees medical records policies, procedures, practices that meet legal standards and uphold strictest confidentiality.
c. Implements operating policies, procedures and practices that ensure effective phone/reception intake/registration, referrals and business support functions.
d. Establishes appropriate type and levels of clinical support staff.
e. Oversees the hiring, ongoing training, development and evaluation of clinical support staff.
2. Fosters a data informed learning environment and encourages staff level engagement in problem solving and in process improvement initiatives.
3. Ensures program and staff compliance with all government, regulatory, and accreditation standards including The Joint Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
4. Participates and leads, when appropriate, in committees, including, as assigned, board committees.
5. Takes part in community activities which promote CommUnityCare Health Centers and ensures appropriate relationships for ongoing operations and marketing.
6. Oversees patient service effectiveness through periodic needs assessment, satisfaction survey and patient complaint system; integrates patient feedback into process assessment and improvement, and is responsible for CommUnityCare’s service excellence program.
7. Collaborates in development of overall budget for the organization.
8. In collaboration with medical leadership, assumes responsibility for development of the Health
Care Plan and reporting activities.
9. In collaboration with medical leadership, assumes responsibility for scheduling and coordination of after-hours call rotation system.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
Required Professional Background