In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for performing selected clinical duties including administrative/clerical duties and basic patient care.
procedure rooms, and preparing instruments for sterilization.
· Graduation from high school or equivalent.
· Diploma or certificate verifying graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent military healthcareexperience.
· Current Health Care Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification through American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Will be required to maintain a current CPR certification during employment.
Knowledge and Experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of activities associated with the delivery of quality medical assistant duties.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the operation of clinical medical equipment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of specimen collection and processing.
· Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR systems, etc.).
· Constant sitting, standing and walking.
· Frequent bending and reaching.
· Occasional lifting and pushing.
· A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.