- High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer and patient care.
- High degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of nursing and documentation requirements.
- Requisite skills and ability to perform assigned nursing tasks.
- High level of problem solving skills to better serve patients and staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong application of Microsoft office and electronic health records.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
- Develops communication processes to support quality of care and patient experience.
- Ability to participate in the clinical triad to formulate interventions across CUC multi-disciplinary departments to support standard care and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ability to develop and manage professional relationships in a complex healthcare environment including.
- Capability to collaborate with providers and other members of the healthcare team in meeting the needs of CUC patients.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Three years of clinical experience preferably in a primary care setting or ambulatory clinic with focus in general nursing care.
- Knowledge leading teams with clinical quality improvement, clinical work flow development, patient care coordination, preventative health, and nursing triage.
- Three to five years progressive management/leadership experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission standards, HIPAA regulations, Patient Centered Medical Home, and Value Based Care.
- Five years experience in a primary care setting or ambulatory clinic with a focus in general nursing care. Project and change management experience in a leadership capacity.
1. Unrestricted Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas
2. Current healthcare provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card