In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for providing healthcare services in an immediate care/walk in care setting. REQUIRED: APPs must have at least three years of clinical experience in an outpatient setting.
• Promote the mission of delivering care safely and effectively throughout the convenient care health centers.
• Provide direct patientcare services in Convenient Care sites as scheduled.
• Perform physical assessment of patients using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation and percussion.
• Treat patients following standardized protocols and clinical guidelines.
• Refer patients to physicians for consultation when clinical exam/findings are not covered by standardized clinical protocols or are outside of the scope of the physician assistant license.
• Assist families in utilizing health resources available.
• Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice.
• Manage patient and daily care programs in the area of specialty.
• Compile patient medical data including health history, treatment plans, results of physical examination, etc., and record in electronic medical record.
• Prescribe medications.
• Directly effect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high quality medical care.
• Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including The Joint • Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
• Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co-workers, including clinical managers, clinical support staff, providers and business office staff.
• Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
• Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient-centered care.
• Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent CommUnityCare in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all company policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
• Complete all mandatory training and maintain appropriate credentials/licensure.
• High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
• Interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
• Requisite skills and ability to perform medical tasks as assigned.
• High level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to implement and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
• Experience/knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a Federally Qualified Health Center.
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience working in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) environment.
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience working in an integrated delivery environment.• Other duties as assigned.
* APPs must have at least three years of clinical experience in an outpatient setting.