In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments, is responsible for analyzing financial information, recording transactions and preparing financial reports.
• Compile and analyze financial information, prepare journal entries, document business transactions, and reconcile accounts including cash.
• Record, classify, and/or summarize transactions in accordance with Generally
• Accepted Accounting Principles and apply a working knowledge of applicable laws and
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses, and assist in preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Analyze transaction recording methods and evaluate and suggest alternatives.
• Assist with, but not limited to, annual external financial audit, Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, Uniform Data System (UDS) report, IRS Form 990, and various payroll reports in accordance with government regulations, tax codes, and pay policies.
• Assist in preparation and analysis of the budget.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, vendors, third party resources, and related entities.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accounting rules and regulations and take the initiative to seek out additional information as needed.
• Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent CommUnityCare in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all company policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
• High level of skill at building relationships within the organization.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred. Considerable progress towards degree or related experience may be substituted.
• A general accounting competency test may be administered prior to employment.
Knowledge and Experience
• 3 years’ experience performing routine and complex general ledger accounting activities.
• Strong knowledge of the fundamental doctrines, theories, principles, and terminology of accountancy including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the analysis and reporting of financial data
• Demonstrated familiarity and experience in the use of computer and commonly used software including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
• Constant sitting, standing and walking.
• Occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Constant use of a computer.
• A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.