In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the clinical support staff assigned to a unit in a community healthcare center.
The RN may be assigned to support the COVID Testing Team and/or Registry Team in response to the pandemic.
COVID Testing Team Primary Duties
• Ability to ensure proper workflows
• Inspect lab specimen labels to ensure correct information is present
• Instruct patient on how long test takes to run
• Educate patient on COVID/quarantine with written instructions given
• Proper Nasopharyngeal swab technique
• Knowledge of emergency management plan
• Perform tasks needed for start-up and close-up
• Supervise team and lead them in emergency situations i.e..inclement weather, disruptive situations, needing medical emergency care-911
• Perform PPE inventory Report inventory by 4pm , COVID lab test numbers to lab director by noon, and number of test performed, patient screened, educated, and/or sent to hospital and mode of transportation--complete through form link
• Respond in rare case of emergency for any patient needing rapid assessment and triage to emergency department
COVID Registry Primary Duties
• Negative and positive results calls.
• Vital interaction message documentation
• Issuing letters - includes issuing the following types of letters: results, return to work and unable to contact letters. Required to document these interventions in the EMR.
• Phone queue - Answering incoming patient calls: includes relaying negative results, positive results, providing education and issuing results/return to work letters.
• Voicemail - Answering incoming patient voicemails: includes relaying negative results, positive results, providing education and issuing results/return to work letters.
• Return to sender letters
• Notify supervisor as needed on workflow, emergency, or staffing issues
• Perform ADP - E-time
• Educate team on new processes
• Ensure that staff complete Daily COVID Screening protocol as indicated
• Provide flu and COVID vaccines to patients as directed.
• If asked to serve in any other capacity as an RN, please contact HR immediately
• Understand applicable legal concepts such as HIPAA and patient confidentiality
• Understand PPE requirements and reasons behind wearing PPE (per infection control guidelines)
• Understand necessity of infection control--not touching patient or any item patient has (i.e., driver's license, insurance card, etc.)
• Correct donning and doffing of PPE
• Ability to be able to withstand extreme temperatures in full PPE
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• Oversee assigned staff, including but not limited to, establishing work assignments
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
• Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
• Demonstrate success in providing clinical care and nursing support within an organization of comparable pace and complexity.
• Experience managing difficult patient/customer situations.
• Collaborates with clinical staff in order to achieve a common goal.
• Knowledge of medical practices and procedures in a healthcare environment.
• Demonstrate success and experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment.
• Familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. Microsoft Office, EMR systems, etc.) for data entry and retrieval.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Prefer at least of at least 2 year of experience as nurse.
1. Unrestricted Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas and/or
2. Unrestricted Registered Nurse Compact State Licensure
3. Current healthcare provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card obtained through approved American Heart Association or American Red Cross
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: AAACN Certification