- Use a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care using data collection and focused nursing assessments.
- Assist in determining the health status and needs of patients based on interpretation of healthrelated data and preventative health practices.
- Assist in the formulation of goals/outcomes and plan of care in collaboration with the patient, their families and healthcare team members.
- Implement teaching plans for patients with common health problems and well-defined learning needs.
- Assist in the evaluation of the patient’s responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions.
- Participate in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources that facilitate the continuity of care.
- Distribute oral medications and treatments according to accepted standards of care.
- Accurately and completely report and document status, care rendered, response to care, provider orders, contacts with patient and/or other healthcare providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all direct and indirect care documentation in timely manner and ensure patient records are current and complete.
- Attend daily patient care (unit) huddles and periodic informational (clinic) huddles, meetings, patient conferences, or planning sessions. These may be related to quality assurance, patient care and other related topics within the clinic.
- Attend seminars and maintain all licensure and/or certification requirements for continuing education and best practices.
- Participate in quality strategies to evaluate compliance with evidence-based guidelines, standards and to identify opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
- Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including The Joint Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co-workers, including clinical managers, clinical support staff, providers and business office staff.
- Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
- Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient-centered care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned.
Ability to report and document assessment data.
High level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrated knowledge of the four steps in systematic process, which include assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Knowledge of common medical diagnoses, drug and other therapies and treatments.
Demonstrated success in obtaining patient history using a structured assessment tool.
Demonstrated ability to identify common actual and potential health care needs of patients.
Demonstrated ability to administer medications and treatments and perform procedures safely.
Demonstrated experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment.
Demonstrated familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR systems, etc.).