In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for performing dental prophylactic services in a dental clinic. Please note that full PPE, including N95 masks and face shields, are provided.
• Deliver oral hygiene services including evaluation of teeth and gums, recording presence of disease, abnormalities, and restorations.
• Take, develop and mount X‐rays and perform dental prophylaxis.
• Perform procedures to compile with infection control policies and prepares operatories for patient treatment.
• Accurately and completely report and document status, care rendered, response to care, provider orders, contacts with patient and/or other healthcare providers.
• Maintain patient follow up procedures.
• Instruct clients in proper practices of dental hygiene and procedures pertinent to provided treatments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Complete all direct and indirect care documentation in timely manner and ensure patient records are current and
• Attend daily patient care (unit) huddles and periodic informational (clinic) huddles, meetings, patient conferences, or planning sessions. These may be related to quality assurance, patient care and other related topics within the clinic.
• Attend seminars and maintain all licensure and/or certification requirements for continuing education and best practices.
• Participate in quality strategies to evaluate compliance with evidence‐based guidelines, standards and to identify opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
• Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including The Joint Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
• Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co‐workers, including clinical managers, clinical support staff, providers and business office staff.
• Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
• Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient‐centered care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
• High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
• Requisite skills and ability to perform certain dental tasks as assigned
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduation from a certified course in dental hygiene.
Previous dental hygiene experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains these certifications as a professional. Lapsing/expiration of these
certifications/licensure will result in suspension of work:
1. Current Texas registration as a Dental Hygienist including certification for placement of sealants.
REQUIRED COURSES/COMPLETIONS (e.g., CPR):
Current healthcare provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card and will be required to
maintain a current CPR certification during employment.