(Primary Focus: Resolute Professional Billing and Claims)
The Epic Application Analyst is the Subject Matter Expert and technical point of contact. They are responsible for three primary areas of work; Projects, Changes, and the highest point of Break/Fix escalation. They are responsible for configuration of Epic applications, leading Requirements Gathering Sessions, technical documentation, and testing (internal and User Acceptance Testing). They participate as a member of the project team, working on upgrades and new application and workflow implementation, including partnering with the Interface Team to connect third party applications. A strong understanding of workflow interdependencies is required to provide guidance to the customer for informed decision making. The Epic Application Analyst will also perform other duties as assigned.
This position is considered remote, which means that individuals in this position may work at their place of residence; however, they may be required to occasionally visit the CommUnityCare administrative office or health centers in Austin, Texas. Remote work not available for residents of California, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Maryland, or Virginia.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
· Responsible for building system components, testing, implementation support, and maintenance of assigned Epic applications. · Perform in-depth analysis, troubleshooting, data collection, and root cause analysis and then identify and/or implement potential solutions for issues related to the system or usage of it.
· Analyze/review and test each product release and communicate needed changes to operations.
· Must be able to document and follow system change control procedures for the system.
· Work closely with other analysts, Epic third party vendors, and operations to ensure that system integrity is maintained and that IT deliverables meet operational business needs.
· Research, analyze, facilitate and implement business and system workflows in order to expedite process improvement and coordinate business practices.
· Identify best practices and implement opportunities for standardization. Utilize standardized department tools/software systems to plan task/projects and monitor progress toward milestones and deadlines, reassigning resources when necessary to meet organizational objectives.
· Maintains up-to-date expertise on the operation and application of various applications.
· Maintains a working knowledge of key indicators, standards, and processes related to EMR systems.
· Able to travel between all clinics. These are located throughout Travis, Bastrop, and Williamson counties.
· Provides third tier support for various applications/modules when an issue is escalated to the help desk.
· Create and track tickets with vendors. Ensures support tickets are being worked in a timely manner in accordance with our service level agreements (SLA).
· Provide technical support via phone, online, and/or in person. · Serve as a primary resource to the EMR super- users in ticket resolution.
· Guides workflow design, building and testing the system, and analyzing other technical issues.
· Coordinates system changes with the governance team for decision making.
· Identifies and implements requested changes to the system.
· Serves as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and technical staff/vendors.
· Maintains regular communication with vendors for assigned applications.
· Works with vendors, the organization, and end users to ensure the systems meet the organization’s business needs in regard to the project deliverables and timeline.
· Provides management technical system guidance to improve and streamline operational workflows.
· Works collaboratively with the trainers to ensure that training materials are up to date and reflect the current build of the various systems.
· Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
· Ability to problem solve in various modules/applications.
· Demonstrate flexibility and ability to accept changes gracefully.
· Able to work professionally and collaboratively in a team-based health care delivery setting as well as an individual.
· Possess strong skills in Microsoft Office.
· Self-learner with ability to easily learn new software.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Strong knowledge of clinical and/or administrative workflows.
· Attention to detail and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills (strong problem-solving skills).
· Must be able to work flexible hours. Some evenings, nights, and weekends are occasionally required. Must be able to respond to issues during non-production hours.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year of experience supporting healthcare IT or healthcare applications required or High School Diploma and 3 years of experience supporting healthcare IT or healthcare applications .
· Previous Epic Certification or Proficiency for external candidates
· Internal candidates are required to obtain certification or proficiency within 3 months of transition to department.
· Bachelor's Degree highly desired in Business, Clinical Science, or Computer Science
· Any Existing Epic Certifications
· One year of experience supporting applications in a healthcare environment
· 3 years of experience as a super user or Analyst role supporting an EMR
· Experience implementing and supporting an EMR
· Knowledge of Medical terminology FQHC and/or Healthcare background
· Epic experience
· Epic certification required within 6 months of hire or within six months of completing Epic training.
· Must meet CommUnityCare’s Epic pre-assessment criteria.
Any Epic certifications