The Revenue Cycle Trainer is responsible for the orientation and development of identified team members in various roles withing the revenue cycle department. In collaboration with leaders and team members, is responsible for assessing current educational needs, developing materials, and facilitating education. Assists with the development of standard operating procedures within the revenue cycle department. Will ensure orientation and education records are compliant with regulatory compliance requirements and are stored in the appropriate source of record.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without
• Develop training programs appropriate to the skills needed and ensure team members receive the necessary orientation and education to perform their jobs.
• Deliver quality orientation and ongoing education to team members, and ensure all participants are actively engaged in the learning processes.
• Develop, implement, and monitor standard operating procedures for all revenue cycle functions.
• Implementskill based competencies for each role within the Revenue Cycle Department and perform ongoing quality audits to identify improvement opportunities and educate employees on revenue cycle processes.
• Manage the scheduling and delivery of education for new and existing team members.
• In conjunction with leaders, provide real‐time interventions and on‐going development to support the learning needs of team members to ensure they reach optimal performance.
• Collaborates with System Trainer(s) to ensure consistency in training materials and updates to materials used for Epic versus Revenue Cycle Training.
• Demonstrate proficiency in identified systems asneeded.
• Participate in meetings and committees directly affecting orientation and education curriculum.
• Participates in department meetings and continuing educational opportunities.
• Demonstrate a willingnessto be an active participant in initiativesthat have fundamental impact on the organization.
• Performs any other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of this organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation and training skills.
• High level of skill at curriculum development and process development.
• Strong computer skills to include knowledge of Epic Physician Billing modules.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong understanding of all functions of the revenue cycle.
• Ensure that all orientation, education, and associated tasks comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including the Joint Commission, CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures, and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
• Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships and partnerships with coworkers at all levels.
• Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct, and communications represent CommUnityCare in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all company policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school diploma
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years’ experience in a healthcare revenue cycle setting.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years’ experience in development and training of revenue cycle functions .