$2,000.00 SIGN - ON BONUS
In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for performing selected clinical duties including administrative/clerical duties, basic patient care and/or performing administrative tasks associated with patient intake.
• Accurately interview patient and record patient history and measure and record vital signs such as height, weight, BMI, head circumference, current medications, pulse oximetry level and patient comfort level.
• Verify patient information such as, but not limited to demographics, insurance, vitals and medications; complete intake process including verifying and entering patient data into EHR/EPM.
• Perform duties such as greeting and assisting patients in a courteous and professional manner, answer telephone and provide information as necessary, verify patient information, etc.
• Collect, perform, document, and report results of CLIA waived lab tests including, but not limited to: urine dip, pregnancy tests, finger stick blood glucose levels, fecal occult blood tests, rapid influenza tests, and rapid strep tests.
• Collect, prepare and document specimen collection including, but not limited to: blood, urine, stool, and sputum.
• Perform clinical duties as assigned including, but not limited to: preparing patients for examinations and /or treatments, assisting provider with exams or procedures, setting up exam or procedure rooms, and preparing instruments for sterilization.
• Complete pre visit planning to support the clinical visit.
• Administer medications per CUC formulary.
• Perform medical acts as prescribed by Standing Delegation Orders.
• Dismiss patient at end of clinic visit including completing the orders documented in the orders module, tasks, and patient plan.
• Participate in orientation of new employees and attend mandatory meetings.
• Work as a team member, interacting with staff, patients and providers to communicate and coordinate patient care and work flow effectively.
• Coordinate and manage patient care including communicating test results to patient, assist with pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Follow up on diagnostic test to ensure that test have been completed and documentation is completed in EHR.
• Perform surveillance programs to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit
• Maintain a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas as per CUC guidelines
• As assigned, may serve as a scribe accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the provider, including but not limited to the following duties:
o Patient medical history and physical exam,
o Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants.
o Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits.
o Provider-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
o Prepare referral letters as directed by the provider
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent.
• Medical Assistant Diploma and/or National Medical Assistant Certification verifying graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent military healthcare experience.
• Completion of a medical assistant externship
Current Health Care Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification through American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Will be required to maintain a current CPR certification during employment.