In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for providing direct and appropriate clinical care and treatment to patients in the area of clinical specialization under the direct supervision and responsibility of a physician.
This position is considered Hybrid, which means that individuals in this position may work both at an approved Offsite location and Onsite at a primary location or multiple locations based on Business Needs.
• Perform comprehensive physical assessment of patients using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation and percussion.
• Order or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
• Diagnose and treat diseases, disorders and injuries based on patient’s medical history and results of physical assessment and refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
• Prescribe medications and therapies for treatment and preventive care.
• Instruct patients and their families regarding procedures performed, home care, and follow-up visits.
• Direct professional and ancillary health care staff during treatment of patients.
• Respond to inquiries from staff and patients regarding preventive health and treatments.
• Compile patient medical data including health history, treatment plans, results of physical examination, etc. and record in electronic medical record.
• Report required information including deaths and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
• Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice.
• Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
• Proficiency in the use of a computer, software packages, and office machines.
• Work within the scope of credentialing privileges.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
• Interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
• High degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
• Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned.
• High level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
• Experience/knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a Federally Qualified Health Center.
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience working in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) environment.
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience working in an integrated delivery environment.
• Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high quality medical care.
• Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including The Joint Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
• Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co-workers, including clinical managers, clinical support staff, providers and business office staff.
• Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
• Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient-centered care.
• Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent CommUnityCare in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all company policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
• Complete all mandatory training and maintain appropriate credentials/licensure.
Graduation from an accredited School of Physician Assistants OR Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Texas OR unrestricted license to practice Nursing in the State of Texas/current credentialing as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Current certification in area of specialty.
• Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
• Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) through American Heart Association.
• Current Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers through American Heart Association.