Responsible for being the first point of contact for patients, staff, and guests presenting at the clinic, and performing all the administrative tasks associated with patient check in.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for opening front office and all duties associated with this function.
• Working with the Administrative Supervisor, responsible for overseeing the training of new front office staff members, including checking off new staff members on front office compentencies.
• Welcome, greet, and assist patients in a courteous and professional manner.
• As directed, schedule patient appointments accurately and efficiently utilizing the computer system.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and provide information as necessary or route the calls as needed.
• Register all patients by accurately entering the patient demographic and insurance information in the electronic medical system.
• Verify and ensure completeness of patient registration documentation. Verify and enter patient data into the electronic medical system.
• Review and verify patient coverage of insurance information using online resources.
• Explain payment options, including sliding scale fees, Medicare, Medicaid, and other forms of payment assistance.
• Collects deposits or co‐payments/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per company policies.
• Responsible for closing and/or end of day processes, including but not limited to, daily posting of collected monies into the electronic medical system and balancing the drawer for end of day deposit.
• Utilize the numerous software systems in the clinic, including but not limited to, i2i, Tableau, Vital Interactions, Patient Portal, check in kiosks, etc.
• As directed, responsible for running Vital Interaction reports and following‐up on appointments needing to be confirmed and no shows.
• Work closely with the nursing, provider, medical assistant, and extended care teams to ensure smooth patient flow and reduce cycle time.
• Notify appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages, patient arrivals, etc.
• Accurately document and communicate patient concerns to the site triad leadership team.
• Ability to work assigned hours, and as needed outside regularly scheduled hours including weekends.
• Responsible for end of day processing and documentation, including deposit.
• Participate in investigating/researching complex patient issues, scheduling and potential billing issues.
• Act as subject matter expert in insurance regarding eligibility and coverage.
• May serve as a back‐up support for the administrative supervisor, as requested.
• Work with the HIM department to properly scan medical documents into the EMR system.
• Participates in appropriate meetings and trainings, as well as adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient, clinical, and company information and data. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
• Performs all duties in an ethical manner consistent with the I Promise statement.
• Perform other job‐related duties as assigned.
• Healthcare office concepts, practices, policies, and procedures
• Insurance verification procedures
• Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• HIPAA and Joint Commission guidelines and regulations
• Skilled in
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Verbal and written communications, including telephone and email etiquette and documentation
• Working independently in a fast‐paced, multi‐task clinical environment, as well as part of a team
• Effective problem solving techniques
• Work in a self‐directed, organized manner
• Multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Present information in a consistent, organized, and accurate manner
• Demonstrate flexibility and ingenuity in response to change
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the organization at various levels, as well as with external customers
• Maintain confidentiality
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least two years’ experience in registration or front office duties in a physician’s office, hospital emergency department, and/or urgent care setting.